Community Relations Policy
The S2 Resources (S2) management team acknowledge that the long-term sustainability and viability of our business depends on our ability to build relationships with local communities, landholders, traditional owners, and other relevant stakeholders affected by the Company’s activities. These relationships are built by adopting and implementing best practice and continuous improvement in the identification, assessment, consultation and monitoring of social and economic impacts and participation relating to our business activities.
It is S2’s policy and goal to conduct our business activities in a transparent and open manner to engender trust, respect, and mutually beneficial outcomes. This includes active community engagement to maximise the positive impact of the Company’s activities for local communities and stakeholders and to work with local communities and stakeholders to address and resolve any concerns arising from our business activities.
The strategy to achieve these goals includes the following key elements:
- Actively engage and communicate in an open, timely and transparent way with all stakeholders, including local communities, landholders, traditional owners, employees, contractors and regulatory authorities in the countries and areas in which S2 operates.
- Adopt an approach of early and continuous stakeholder engagement to identify, assess and manage risks to our host communities and work collaboratively in order to mitigate these risks.
- As far as reasonably practicable seek to maximise the positive impact of S2’s activities on local economies by supporting the development of local businesses, training and employment opportunities.
- Uphold ethical business practices and meet or exceed applicable legal and other requirements. Where there are no adequate legal requirements, applying internal standards that minimise, as far as reasonably practicable, any adverse impacts on local communities, stakeholders and traditional owners that may arise from our activities.
- Maintain appropriate mechanisms to address and respond to community and relevant stakeholder grievances in all countries in which S2 operates.
The ultimate responsibility for achieving these goals rests with the board of S2, and this responsibility is accordingly delegated to all management levels.
If you wish to contact S2 in relation to our community relations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.