The S2 Resources (S2) management team acknowledges that the long term sustainability and viability of its business depends on best practice and continuous improvement in the identification, assessment, mitigation and monitoring of the environmental effects of its operations.
It is S2’s policy and goal to conduct its business so that disturbance to the environment in which we work and the people who live there is minimal.
The strategy to achieve this goal includes the following key elements:
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the environment and our host communities.
- Uphold ethical business practices and meet or exceed applicable legal and other requirements. Where there are no adequate legal requirements, applying internal standards that minimise, as far as reasonably practicable, any adverse impacts arising from our activities.
- Set and achieve targets that promote the efficient use of resources including reducing and preventing pollution.
- Positively engage regularly, openly and honestly with all stakeholders, including governments, local community, indigenous groups, employees and regulatory authorities in relation to potential environmental issues resulting from our proposed activities, and take their views and concerns into account in our decision making.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of their responsibilities and obligations regarding environmental issues.
- Progressively rehabilitate areas of past disturbance in a responsible manner that is consistent with, or in excess of, relevant regulatory requirements and appropriate industry practice.
- Manage the risks to the environment on a site-specific basis in order to achieve the planned environmental outcomes listed.
The ultimate responsibility for achieving these goals rests with the board of S2, and this responsibility is accordingly delegated to all management levels.